- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with under staffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
The City of Ashburn is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical or handicap, or any other legally protected status. The City of Ashburn also requires all employees to possess a valid Georgia Drivers License. We must do a criminal background check on all applicants, which may be used to determine eligibility of the position he/she is applying for with the City of Ashburn. We also do pre-employment drug screening and physicals prior to employment with the City of Ashburn.